Five Easy Steps for Applying Online with College of the Redwoods
Step 1: Create an application. (Click on "Create Application") "Please choose one of the following
- Administrative/Management/Faculty Application
- Classified Application
- Part-Time Faculty Application
Step 2: Create a username and password. "(You will be prompted to do this.)" If you forget your username or password, please contact us at (707) 476-4141. Do not create a duplicate account.
Step 3: Follow the prompts that will be given during the application process.
Step 4: Complete application. Required information is denoted with an asterisk (*). Other questions are optional but it is better for you as an applicant if you answer all questions to the best of your ability.
- Please provide a current, working email address. All of our applicant communication is done via email.
- "Save and Continue to Next" as you complete each page in order to save your work.
- To add entries to your Education or Employment Background, click on "Add Entry". This allows a new blank entry box to appear to be completed for multiple educational and employment information entries.
- Do not leave the Education or Employment Background sections blank and/or reference "see resume." You can easily copy and paste the information from your resume and vita, and this usually works better because you can spell check in the word processing program.
- Once you have completed your application, you MUST certify your application by clicking on "Continue and Confirm," or your application will be incomplete.
- To update or edit your application, click on "Manage Applications" and choose the application you with to modify (Administrative/Management/Faculty, Classified, or Part-Time Faculty). Remember to "Save and Continue to Next." You must certify your application once again to save the updated information.
- Suggestion: Take a moment to review your application; see how it will look to the screening committee. Double check your education, past employment, dates, etc. Remember that this is your gateway to a potential interview.
Step 5: Apply for an open position.
- Click on "Home" or "Search Postings" on the navigation bar to the left of your screen and find the position for which you would like to apply.
- Under the position title, click "View." Please review the job details for all required documents.
- Click on "Apply For This Posting"
- On the "View Position Data Summary" page, you will be able to Edit, View, or Continue with this data; click on "Continue with this Data." Doing this attaches your application to this specific posting.
- Answer and submit supplemental questions, if prompted.
- Certify your answers by clicking on "Submit Answers to Supplemental Questions with My Application.
- Please read instructions before attaching your documents on the "Attach Documents" page- you will find that most answers to your questions can be found on that page.
- Although your documents are being attached to a specific application and posting, they will always be available for you to select and attach when you apply for future positions with College of the Redwoods.
- When you are done attaching your documents, click on "Finish Attaching Documents." Click on "Yes" to confirm; you will get a confirmation number on the very last page. Click on "OK" to go back to the "Application Status" page where you can review all jobs you have applied to, as well as view any of your attachments.
Important Note! Applying for a position online is a two step process.
You must: 1) First complete an application and then 2) apply for a specific posting.
Make sure that you have a confirmation number after you have applied!" This is true regardless of the "path" you take to complete your application.
If you are unable to attach documents, you can email, fax, or bring them to the HR office and we will assist you. Documents forwarded to us become our property, so if you are sending us your documents, please send legible photocopies. These items must be received in Human Resources by the first review or closing date. If emailing or faxing documents be sure to state your name, contact information, which documents you are submitting, and the position for which you are applying on a cover sheet or in the body of your email.
If you are sending your attachments to us for attaching, we recommend that you view the "Application Status" page after applying to ensure that your attachments have been received (please allow up to 3-5 days for documents to be attached).
Please keep in mind that it may take 6-8 weeks from the closing date before interview decisions are made. You will be contacted by e-mail or phone whether or not you are to receive an interview.
Contact Information for College of the Redwoods HR Department:
College of the Redwoods
Attn: Human Resources
7351 Tompkins Hill Rd.
Eureka, CA 95501