Required Attachments: These materials may be required when applying for a position with CR:
Cover Letter (Letter of Interest) and Resume/Curriculum Vitae- All postings for College of the Redwoods require applicants to attach a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae.
Unofficial Transcripts- If a degree is required to meet the minimum requirements of the position, unofficial transcripts may be required for attachment. Do not write a note that says "will provide if requested," or "will bring to interview" in the required field for transcripts. Applications without the required transcripts will not be reviewed by the hiring committee.
Statement of Teaching Philosophy- Faculty and Associate Faculty positions may require applicants to submit a statement of teaching philosophy.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
If you are selected for an interview, you may provide additional documents for the selection committee at the time of the interview.
Attachment Formatting and Other Tips: Most documents will retain their original formatting when uploaded. .Doc and .Pdf files are acceptable. If you are uploading a Microsoft Word document, the following are steps you can take to help ensure that it will convert to PDF format properly.
- Limit the size of your document to 5MB or less
- Use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, and other common fonts
- Avoid the use of complex tables, shading, and bullets
- Avoid the use of several columns in one document
- Documents should be black and white only
- Avoid embedded images, such as pictures or graphics
- Documents should not be password protected
- Social security numbers and dates of birth included on transcripts and other documents should be removed (cancelled/whited out/redacted) prior to attaching the document. College of the Redwoods does take steps to ensure confidentiality; however, submission of this information is at the applicant"s own risk.
- Once you have attached your document, please click the "View" link to verify that it uploaded correctly. If your document appears to have formatting problems, please click the "Remove" link to remove the document, and then adjust your document as needed by following the tips above and reattaching it.
How to Attach Documents:
- To attach a document to your application for a position, click the "Attach" link next to the type of document you wish to upload. It is strongly recommended that you include your name on each document that you attach.
- To remove a document from your application for this position, click the "Remove" link next to the document you wish to remove.
- If you are finished attaching documents, click "Finished Attaching Documents" below. "Confirm" the next page until you get a confirmation number to complete the application process. This confirms that your application is in the pool for this posting.
How to Attach Previously Saved Documents:
- If you have previously applied to a position and would like to use the already saved documents, click on "Attach" next to each document type to upload your document (you will be able to preview your document as well). Follow the instructions that are given on the following page.
- When you are finished attaching documents, click "Finished Attaching Documents".
Attaching documents after applying to a position:
If you have documents to attach after you have already applied to a posting and received a confirmation number, you may forward the attachments to the Human Resources Office to attach them for you. These documents must be submitted to HR by 5pm on the closing/first review date.
Assistance with Attachments:
If you are unable to attach documents, you can email, fax, or bring them to the HR office and we will assist you. Documents forwarded to us become our property, so if you are sending us your documents, please send legible photocopies. These items must be received in Human Resources by the first review or closing date. If emailing or faxing documents be sure to state your name, contact information, the documents you wish to submit, and the position for which you are applying on a fax cover sheet or in the body of your email.
If you are sending your attachments to us for attaching, we recommend that you view the "Application Status" page after applying to ensure that your attachments have been received (please allow up to 3-5 days for documents to be attached).
Please keep in mind that it may take 6-8 weeks from the closing date before interview decisions are made. You will be contacted by e-mail or phone whether or not you are to receive an interview.
Contact Information for College of the Redwoods HR Department:
College of the Redwoods
Attn: Human Resources
7351 Tompkins Hill Rd.
Eureka, CA 95501