Become a Corsair!
Classes & Registration
Steps to take prior to the first day of volleyball practice…
- Take the Math and English Assessment tests. If you are a local resident, please contact your high school counselor about testing details or contact the CR Advising Office at 707-476-4150
- Fill out FAFSA (Federal Financial Aid forms) and the California BOG fee waiver if you think you qualify. Web address is www.fafsa.ed.gov. College of the Redwoods code is 001185. If you need to contact FAFSA their number is 1-800-433-3243. Additional information can be found on our website at http://www.redwoods.edu/Financial-Aid/
- If staying on campus, fill out dorm application and pay your deposit http://www.redwoods.edu/eureka/housing/
- Establish a date and time to have either a phone conversation or a meeting with an academic advising. Once you submit your assessment placement scores you should receive a letter from advising/counseling office to set a date.
- Be sure to register for PE58: Intercollegiate Volleyball
- Practice time once classes start will be 1:30-3:30
- Register in a total of 12+ units (I recommend 15 units) with 9 of these units coming from academic classes (PE activity and intercollegiate classes do not count as academic; all lecture format classes do). Call me if you have questions about your schedule.
- Complete your physical, assumption of risk, and insurance paperwork. You can find these forms on our athletic web page at http://www.redwoods.edu/sports/. You will not be allowed to practice until this paperwork is returned so bring the completed forms to the first day of practice. Sophomores: You will complete the assumption of risk and insurance paperwork at the team meeting. Returning athletes do not need a physical, but you will complete the ‘no change in status’ medical form which I will supply at the meeting.
- Call Coach Marla Gleave if you have any questions
707-822-5552 (home) or 707-616-5138 (cell) or 530-629-2991 (Willow Creek)
Fall 2013 Practice Schedule:Lifting and/or conditioning outside of court time will occur
August 19: 1st official practice: team meeting at noon with court time from 1:30-4:30 pm. Bring all physical and assumption of risk forms.
August 20: practice 1:30-3:30
August 21: practice 1:30-3:30
August 22: practice 1:30-3:30
August 23: practice 1:30-3:30
August 24: TBA
August 26: First day of CLASSES. Practice will be 1:30-3:30 daily
College of the Redwoods, 7351 Tompkins Hill Rd, Eureka, CA 95501 (707) 476-4100