College of the Redwoods
International Student Program
It is easy to apply at College of the Redwoods! You must complete our international application form and submit additional required documents. There are two ways to apply - by downloading an international student application from this web site, or by requesting a paper application which we will send to you.
After we have received your completed application and you have met the necessary requirements, we will process your acceptance and send your acceptance documents within two-weeks. These are the documents you will need to apply for the F-1 visa. Please carefully read the sections below for instructions on applying.
If you have specific questions about admissions, please email Myke-Magdaleno.
International students can apply and enter College of the Redwoods two times during the academic year (Fall and Spring). All documents for admission must be submitted by the following deadlines:
||Classes begin late August|
||Classes begin late January|
Requirements for Admissions
- Completed College of the Redwoods International Students Application.
- A recent official TOEFL score of at least 500 (173 on a computer version) or a score of 45 on the New Internet-based TOEFL, IBT, Reading, Listening, and Writing only test. College of the Redwoods' institutional code is 4100. Registration forms may be obtained at most U.S. Embassies or by writing for test dates and locations to :
Educational Testing Service (ETS)
P.O. Box 6154
Princeton, NJ 08541-6154 U.S.A.
Web site: http://www.ets.org
Inquire about ETS testing arrangements for individuals with disabilities at www.ets.org/toefl/learners/pbt/disabilities.html.
- Applicants must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to successfully complete college work.
- Completed Financial Assurance Form signed by a Parent or Person financially responsible. This form must be certified by a bank or financial institution.
- Offical bank document that shows at least $20,563.00
in U.S. currency available for the first year.
- Official copies of educational records for secondary and/or college course work. All copies need to be in English and need to be evaluated.
Evaluation of International Records
College of the Redwoods does not evaluate international educational records. If you wish to have CR consider credit for course work completed at a foreign university, you will need to have your courses evaluated and sent to us by an international evaluation service. However, there is no guarantee that the courses will be accepted toward your program of study at College of the Redwoods. College of the Redwoods does not endorse the companies listed below but provides their names only as a resource for you.
International Evaluation Services:
Center for Applied Research, Evaluation & Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 20348
Long Beach, CA 90801
Educational Credential Evaluators
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 USA
Eduational Records Evaluation Service, Inc.
777 Campus Commons Rd., Ste. 200
Sacramento, CA 95825-8309
Web site: www.eres.com
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Phone: 800-937-3895 or 212-966-6311
Web site: www.wes.org
New York State Department of Civil Service provides a web site with a list of foreign education evaluation services in the United States.
Costs for International Students
F-1 and M-1 Visa students are required to enroll in a full-time program of study (12 or more units per semester). There are two semesters (Fall and Spring) per academic year with optional Winter and Summer sessions.
The following estimated expenses are for one academic year (two semesters):
|*Tuition, Basic and Enrollment Fees
(based on $233.00 U.S. per unit for a minimum 24 units for 2 semesters and non-resident fees).
|Health Service Fee Eureka Campus
Estimated Living Expenses(based on U.S. dollars)
|Books and Supplies:
|Total Estimated Cost: (U.S.)
Tuition and fees are paid each semester (not in an annual sum). All other expenses are paid separately.
There is a very limited number of part-time (up to 20 hours per week maximum) jobs available on campus. No guarantee of employment can be provided by the College.
*Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
For more information on available international scholarships please visit International Scholarships.com or UScampus.com.
|*Comprehensive Health Insurance|
*College of the Redwoods does not require International Students to have health insurance. However, we do strongly encourage our international students to purchase a health insurance policy. A plan is available for purchase by our students. You can access an online brochure at Somerton Student Insurance Services.
Applying by Downloading the Application
If you want to download our international student application and all of the necessary forms (application(s) and financial statements) you must have Acrobat Reader to read the PDF file. Then follow these directions.
- Complete all application documents. Original or official copies of the following documents must be submitted: TOEFL, Transcripts, Financial Documents.
- Complete the International Application for Admission
- The Financial Assurance Form signed by person guaranteeing payment.
- Provide a corresponding bank letter (accompanying the Financial Assurance Form) indicating:
Submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A minimum score of 500 is required (173 on a computer version) or a score of 45 on new IBT.Submit official English translations of secondary and post secondary transcripts.(NOTE: Foreign trancripts need to be evaluated by an evaluation agency)A non-refundable $100 U.S. application/filing fee must be submitted by money order or check only with the application. No Cash please.Submit documents to:
- current account history
- account balance, and
- sponsor's abliltiy to pay estimated annual expenses. The account balance must reflect value in U.S. dollars at current exchange rate and be equal to or greater than total Estimated Annual Cost.
College of the Redwoods International Student Admissions (SEVIS paperwork)
7351 Tompkins Hill Road Eureka, CA 95501-9300,
Phone: 707-476-4177 (Mon-Fri, 8:30-12:00 PST)
Email: International Student Admissions