College of the
International Students

College of the Redwoods
International Student Program


Campus Services Orientation

International students participate in an orientation on College of the Redwoods' Eureka Campus before the start of the students' first semester. During this orientation, each student gets to know the international program staff. The orientation covers issues ranging from personal adjustment to registration for College of the Redwoods classes. This is a time to begin developing friendships with other students that will provide support during your time at College of the Redwoods. Orientation attendance is required.

During orientation you will be tested for English and Math proficiency in order to properly place you in the appropriate classes. New students must be on campus the Friday before the start of classes to attend a mandatory orientation that includes placement testing, counseling, and registration in classes.


College of the Redwoods is one of the few California Community Colleges that offers on-campus housing. The Residence Halls, located on the Eureka campus, accommodates a community of 160 students with diverse backgrounds and educational goals. The community is comprised of students from all over the country and the world. The Residence Halls become a small community where you can relax and be yourself. The community includes staff who are here to help you navigate the college resources and help make your stay within the halls as positive as possible. In addition, residents have evening access to the gym, on site laundry facilities, computer lab, free internet connection, free admission to CR events,and a 5-minute walk to classes.

For more information concerning the Residence Halls and to download an application please visit www.redwoods.edu/eureka/Housing

Academic Support Services

A tutorial program offers individual tutoring for all courses taught on the campus.The ASC also provides testing accommodations, assessment testing, and other testing processes. For more information about services provided through the ASC please visit the Academic Support Center website.

Health Services

A Health Service fee is manadatory for all students and is collected by the semester. A registered nurse is available at the Eureka Campus in Student Health Services to treat students with minor illnesses on campus. There are medical facilities located near the college. The Health Service fee differs from Student Health Insurance.

College of the Redwoods does not require International Students to have health insurance. However, we do strongly encourage our international students to purchase a health insurance policy. A plan is available for purchase by our students. You can access an online brochure at Somerton Student Insurance Services.

Transfer Center

If you are interested in transferring to a four-year college, the Transfer Center can help with transfer information and university applications. The center offers workshops throughout the year.

Additional Campus Services

Other campus services include the Learning Resource Center, which houses the Library, Academic Support Services, and student computers. Additional campus services are High Tech Center, Bookstore, Counseling Services, Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS), and Admissions & Records.