College of the
International Students

College of the Redwoods
International Student Program

Government Offices & Links

U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)

If you have a question or a concern about your F-1 status, see the international student advisor at CR to obtain information about CIS regulations and procedures. Do not go directly to USCIS.

Make photocopies of all documents before you submit them to USCIS. It is also recommended that if you mail materials to USCIS, you send them "certified mail, return receipt requested" to be certain the USCIS receives them.

Social Security
Social Security Administration

Income Tax
Internal Revenue Services (IRS) (Federal)
Franchise Tax Board (California State)

Other Government Links
U.S. Department of State
Consular Affairs
General Visa Information
Student Visa Information
Links to U.S. Embassies & Consulates Worldwide
Foreign Consulates located in San Francisco
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
State of California
U.S. Postal Service
Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
U.S. Immigration Support