Admissions and Records
Students use WebAdvisor to register and pay for classes. Click here to begin searching for classes or log on to register. It is easy, quick, and can be done from the comfort of your home. Web registration assistance is available at all College of the Redwoods campuses and instructional sites or by phone from the Eureka Campus-based District Admissions & Records Office.
In some instances, short-term classes may be offered that begin later in the semester. You are encouraged to register in advance.
How do you move off the waitlist once the class has started?
Students on waitlists must go to the first class meeting. Instructors will let you know if he/she will allow you to add the class. If the instructor chooses to add you to the class, s/he will let you know what time s/he will complete processing your add authorization. After that time, you will be able to log onto WebAdvisor and change your registration from "Waitlisted" to "Registered. It is your responsibility to register yourself for the class using WebAdvisor.
How do you add a class after it begins when you're not on the waitlist?
Students may add an open class via WebAdvisor until 11:00pm the evening before the first class meeting.
- If the class has already begun then it is up to the instructor to decide if s/he will take more students. You must obtain an instructor-signed add card and bring it to Admissions and Records for it to be processed. You are not registered for the class until the add card is processed.
- It is your responsibility to pay any fees, if applicable.
- Payment is due upon registration. Students may contact the Business Office to arrange payment plans if necessary.
How Do You Drop A Class?
You can drop a class using WebAdvisor. This link gives important dates:
Dropping after the end of the 10th week of a full-term class in a fall or spirng term requires submission of a petition with documentation of extenuating circumstances beyond your control.
DO NOT ASSUME INSTRUCTORS WILL DROP YOU FROM A COURSE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DROPPING CLASSES.
Auditing a Class
Students may audit classes (will not receive college credit) with instructor approval by following these steps:
Complete an application for admission to CR.
Complete the prerequisites for the course.
- Print the audit form found here.
- After the second class meeting, meet with the instructor to verify that you may audit the course. If the instructor signs your audit form; return the form to Admissions & Records.
- Pay fees of $15.00 per unit (non-refundable), and Health Fee.
- Financial Aid (including fee waivers) does not cover audited courses.
- Once a student signs up to audit a course, the student cannot change to receiving credit and a grade for the coure.
- Concurrently enrolled high school students may not audit courses.
Complaint of Unlawful Discrimination
The following services will be provided to students who enroll for credit at College of the Redwoods:
- Processing applications
- Orientation and pre-orientation services
- Counseling and advising
- Assistance in developing a Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Post-enrollment evaluation of each student's progress
- Referral of students to support services and/or specialized curriculum offerings
If you feel you have been denied any service to which you are entitled or if you feel that any procedures are being applied in a discriminatory manner:
You may file a petition with the Vice President of Instruction and Student Success.
- A three-member panel, consisting of the Affirmative Action Officer, the Vice President of Instruction and Student Success, and an additional staff member will review your petition.
- The panel shall meet and notify you in writing within seven working days.