Then determine if you should complete the FAFSA or the Dream Act application to start the financial aid application process.
Review this short video for information on applying for financial aid:
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application that most students need to complete. To be eligible to file the FAFSA, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident OR
- Be classified as an “Eligible Non-Citizen”
CALIFORNIA DREAM ACT APPLICATION
The California Dream Act Application is the application for students who are not eligible to file the FAFSA, but who meet certain California residency requirements. To be eligible to file the California Dream Act Application, students must:
- NOT be eligible to file the FAFSA
- Be a California Resident
- Be eligible for AB540 status
- For more information about the California Dream Act, visit our Dream Act Page
Watch your student email for confirmation from CR finaid and possible requests for further information. The Federal Processing Center will send a Student Aid Report (SAR) to your email account that was listed on your FAFSA. Review the report and make corrections if needed. Click here for more information about checking your status.