Tuition and Fees
Effective Fall 2018, California residents are expected to pay the following fees:
- Enrollment fee: $46.00 / unit
- Health fee: (see details lower on page)
- Eureka area and online: $20.00 / semester, $17.00 / summer
- Southern Humboldt, Del Norte, Klamath-Trinity: $7.00 / semester & summer
- Student Activity Fee $10
- Technology Fee $10
- A small number of classes have instructional materials fees (see individual course descriptions on WebAdvisor for details)
- Audit Fee (non-refundable) $15 / unit
- Cost of Attendance Worksheet
Refunds are made only for classes dropped by Friday of the second week of spring or fall classes. Short-term or summer classes have varying refund dates, some as early as the first day of class. Refunds will not be made for late drops/withdrawals nor for Term Fees after the first day of the semester.
Students needing financial assistance may visit the Financial Aid Website for more information.
College of the Redwoods offers reciprocity agreements that allows eligible Oregon residents to attend CR at a reduced tuition rate.
2018-19 Academic Year:
- $117 per unit for registration fees
- $40 per semester for Student Services Fees (Health Fee, Technology Fee and Student Activities Fee)
For more information about the Oregon Exchange Program, please visit our Residency page.
The following exemption to this mandatory fee is available:
- Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bonafide religious sect, denomination, or organization.
Requests for this exemption are made by submission of a signed affidavit stating that the student depends exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bonafide religious sect, denomination, or organization. Submit the affidavit to the Business Office prior to the first day of each term. All submissions must be in written form, emails are not accepted.
The Health Fee will NOT be refunded for students who drop one or all of their classes after the start of the term.
Students pay a student activity fee of $10.00. This fee supports the Associated Students of College of the Redwoods (ASCR) social, educational, recreational, and athletic activities and programs on each campus.
This fee is automatically added to the billing. Students may contact the Business Office to request a refund if they want to opt out of paying the fee. This request must be made before the term begins. The Business Office can be reached at 707-476-4126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Activity Fee will NOT be refunded for students who drop one or all of their classes after the start of the term.
Important Information - Click here for information regarding de-registration for non-payment of fees
Note: Additional information about these fees, as well as a listing of persons who may be exempt from paying the fees listed below, may be found in Board of Trustees Policy 5030 and Administrative Policy 5030 on the Chapter 5 page