Marty Coelho is College of the Redwoods’ Executive Director of College Advancement and the CR Foundation. Coelho moved to Humboldt County in 1991, with his wife Kim. Since then they have had four kids and have became leaders in the cancer and Alzheimer’s movements in Humboldt County.
Coelho spent more than six years at Humboldt State University as associate business faculty, and three of those years as also their Associate Athletic Director. After HSU, Coelho went on to join the leadership team for the national office of the American Cancer Society, overseeing marketing and communications for Relay For Life for 15 years. From there Coelho went on to join Special Olympics International. “One afternoon I woke up on a plane and realized I had spent nearly half of the last seventeen years on planes. Soon afterwards I interviewed at CR.” Coelho is excited about growing the CR Foundation to benefit students, staff, faculty and all of the respective communities in the District. “It takes leadership to make an impact, and President Flamer and the Foundation Board are providing that direction.”
- Finalize the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Continue to grow a diverse board membership.
- Establish the Foundation’s brand identity and relevancy in the community.
- Promote funding of scholarships, internships, and special projects.
- Facilitate partnerships, programs, and initiatives that focus on student success, workforce and economic development, community health, and equitable opportunity.
- Provide semiannual updates to the Board of Trustees relative to the work of the Foundation.