Wednesday, November 8, 2017 | 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. | Plaza View Room, 780 H St., Arcata
Calling All Students
Do you have a business idea that could be the next big thing? You could win $250! College of the Redwoods, Blue Lake Rancheria, Humboldt County Office of Education, Humboldt State University and the North Coast SBDC have partnered to host Pitch Night, Wednesday, November 8 from 5:30 – 7:30. An Elevator Pitch is a two-minute speech explaining your business idea that will leave the crowd wanting more.
An elevator pitch is a short persuasive speech used to spark interest in your current business or business idea. For this event:
- No props!All you need is your idea, passion and a microphone.
- Individual students or teams of two are eligible.Both team members must be a part of the presentation.Students of College of the Redwoods and Humboldt State University will have priority registration, six slots are reserved for each college.
- Speeches must be two minutes or less.Content over two minutes will not be judged.
- A prize of $250 will be awarded to the winning pitch!If the winning pitch is a team the prize will be split with each team members receiving $125.Check will be mailed after the event.
Pitch Judging Guidelines
The judges will be evaluating the pitches using the following format. All areas are judged equally.
1 = poor, 2 = fair/good, 3 = excellent. Total of 18 points possible.
- What is the market need--the “problem” or opportunity that you have identified? What are your solution(s) to meeting the need and solving the problem?
- What are your key activities/resources?Please describe your business/business model.
- Who are your customers and how will you reach them? (What is the customer/market niche?)
- Who is your competition?
- What is your competitive advantage/unique selling proposition?
- Is your presentation clear, polished, engaging?
I’d Like to Pitch!
If you are interested in competing in the Pitch Night you must register by midnight November 1. Registration is limited to twelve individuals or a partnership of two team members. Priority spots given to College of the Redwoods and Humboldt State University students.
Register via google forms sign-up: https://goo.gl/forms/XTs4a6AQmMGz8VJ43.