To: All - Faculty; All - Associate Faculty; All - Administrators; All - Classified; All - Management; All - Confidential
Extended Opportunities & Programs (EOPS) Update
Instruction is not the only area of CR experiencing large-scale changes. Student Services is also revitalizing programs and offering robust remote services for students.
EOPS is implementing many exciting changes to support students. The program just recently made changes to streamline the application process for students, and to significantly speed up time from application to admittance into the program. The program continuous to adapt to meet students’ needs by:
- providing transportation and school supply assistance, as well as access to an extensive technology lending library including laptops, Chrome books, and headsets
- offering workshops throughout the academic year aimed at helping students succeed in the online environment
- hosting remote tutoring services in an above and beyond capacity including offering assistance with Canvas and NetTutor
- expanding our textbook lending library, raising our book awards, and are now accepting students enrolled in 9 units or more instead of 12
- working with institutional research to perform more targeted in-reach and bring more eligible students into the program
- strengthen collaboration with the Pelican Bay scholars program to expand EOPS services for incarcerated students
- welcoming several new members to the EOPS advisory committee, including a local business owner and politician, a social worker, and an educator from the Klamath Trinity instructional site.
In spring 21, EOPS will begin actively scheduling students to improve operational efficiency and move towards greater program compliance and better student outcomes. Under the leadership of Colin Trujillo, Director of EOPS, the faculty and staff in EOPS are doing a fantastic job of bringing new and supportive opportunities to students.
**Please let students know that he spring 2021 EOPS application for students opens November 30!
Angelina Hill, PhD
Vice President, Instruction & Student Services
College of the Redwoods