Related Links


  • Eureka
    Student Services Building
    9:00am - 4:00pm
    (707) 476-4200 Voice
    (707) 476-4406 FAX
    Email Us
  • Del Norte
    9:00am - 4:00pm

    (707) 465-2300
  • Klamath-Trinity
    9:00am - 4:00pm

    (530) 625-4821

International Students

College of the Redwoods welcomes all eligible international students to attend under F-1 Visa Status.
We are proud to offer students a variety of fulfilling Degree programs and courses. Any program that offers an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) Degree is eligible for F-1 Visa status. We also have various Associate Degrees for Transfer to make it easier for students who wish to continue their education at a 4-year college or university!
Ready to get started at College of the Redwoods? 
Review our Admission Requirements to see if you meet eligibility criteria.


All documents for admissions must be submitted by the following deadlines:

Fall Semester:

  • Deadline to Apply: June 1
  • Semester begins mid to late August

Spring Semester:

  • Deadline to Apply: November 1
  • Semester begins mid to late January

All documents submitted by an International Student must be in English.

  1. Download the International Student Packet
  2. Complete the form and submit it along with:
  • The Financial Assurance Form
  • Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 60 is required for admission. Sign up for and take the TOEFL (click here).
  • Official English translations of secondary and post-seconday Certificate and Degree Verification.
  • A non-refundable $150 UDS application/filing fee. The fee must be submitted by money order or check drawn on a US Bank. No Cash Please.

Submit all documents to:

College of the Redwoods
International Student Admissions
7351 Tompkins HIll Road
Eureka, California 95501

After we have received your completed application and you have met the necessary requirements, we will process your acceptance and send your acceptance documents within two-weeks. These are the documents you will need to apply for the F-1 Visa.


Katrina Hanson is the Designated School Official (DSO) at College of the Redwoods.
The DSO provides comprehensive assistance to students in the Student Exchange Visitor Program.
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Location: Eureka Campus, Student Services Building, Admissions & Records


Transferring into College of the Redwoods from another school in the United States

In addition to completing the International Student Application, you will need to fill out the International Student Transfer Form, and you will need to notify your present school of your intent to transfer. Your school will then release your record to us.

Transferring Credits from your U.S College

How do I transfer my units to College of the Redwoods?
To transfer your units to College of the Redwoods, send an official transcript to the International Student Office. Please attach a note that says, "For Transfer Credit."

Where do I send my transcripts?
Send unopened, official transcripts to:

College of the Redwoods
Transcript Evaluator
7531 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501-9300

If your transcript shows proof of completing U.S. college English, ESL or Math courses, you may not be required to take CR assessment tests. It is sometimes helpful to take the assessment tests since waiting on transcripts to arrive may hold up your registration, OR if you do well on a placement test, you may be able to be placed into a higher level course.

Transferring to another college/university from College of the Redwoods?

You must notify the International Student Office of your intent to transfer by filling out and submitting the appropriate forms. You will then receive instructions to complete the process.

Classes for Students from other schools

If you are an F-1 student from another U.S. college/university and you wish to take classes at College of the Redwoods part-time or over the summer/winter sessions, please contact the International Student Office for more information.

International Students must provide proof of funds in the amount of $25,000.
All fees are in USD and all payments must be drawn on a US Bank.
$ 150.00 Nonrefundable Application Fee
$ 8,580.00 Tuition & Fees ($312 per unit @ 12 units & $42.00 per semester for Student Services Fees)
$11,493.00 Living Expenses - Food & Housing
$ 5,181.00 Additional Expenses - Books, Supplies, Transportation & Miscellaneous/Personal
$25,404.00 Total Estimated Cost

Students petitioning for credit must provide an evaluation of their foreign transcripts completed by an independent transcript evaluation service approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.

In order to be considered for UNIT credit, the evaluation of the student’s transcript, conducted by the independent transcript evaluation service and must include the following:

Section 1: 1. Description of the country’s higher education system and the role of the institution in that system.

2. Verification that the institution is approved by the country’s approving/accrediting agency (e.g., ministry of education)

3. The hours completed and their semester-unit equivalencies.

4. Grades-the U.S. (i.e., A-F), pass/no pass, or percentage, including the percentage required for a passing grade.

Unless the provisions of Section 2 (below) of this regulation are met, only elective credit will be granted.

In order to be considered for COURSE credit, in addition to the requirements for section 1 of the regulation, the evaluation must include the following for EACH course:

Section 2: 1. Course Description

2. Topics Covered

3. Hours (lecture hours and/or lab hours)

4. Prerequisite(s), if applicable

A maximum of the equivalent of 30 semester units may be accepted for course work at an institution of higher education outside the United States.

Please allow two to four weeks for the evaluation to be completed. You can review results of your transcript evaluation by logging on to your WebAdvisor account. Click on “Program Evaluation” under the Academic Profile section.

It is the policy of College of the Redwoods not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its educational programs and its employment practices.

Translate this page

  2021 College of the Redwoods