Skip to main content

Special Enrollment Types

College of the Redwoods is open to any person 18 years of age or older who can benefit from the instructional curriculum of the college. High school graduates and holders of a Certificate of Proficiency or GED are eligible for admission even if they are younger than 18.

College of the Redwoods permits concurrent enrollment of current high school students who have completed the eighth grade and have not achieved a high school diploma or the equivalent.

Concurrently enrolled students may be eligible to earn college credit that also applies toward their high school credit completion. Concurrently enrolled students may not enroll in more than 11 units per semester.

Registration and Student Services Fees are waived, however Materials Fees may apply.

Interested in becoming a concurrently enrolled high school student?

1. Complete the CR Application online.

2. Complete the Concurrent Enrollment Form and submit it to the Admissions and Records Office.

Concurrent Enrollment Form - Please indicate specific term attending in the upper right corner of form.

Are you a high school student interested in taking classes for college and high school credit at your school?

Visit our Dual Enrollment page.

Are you a former concurrently enrolled high school student who has recently completed high school or the equivalent?

Submit the High School Completion Form to the Admissions and Records Office.

College of the Redwoods offers a simple and straight-forward process for students interested in transferring to CR from another institution.

1. Apply for Admissions

2. Apply for Financial Aid

3. Submit Official Transcripts

4. Complete Orientation

Complete a Transcript Evaluation Request after you have taken at least 12 units at College of the Redwoods.

You may also find the following forms useful:

  • Request to Clear Prerequisite - Attach this form to official or unofficial transcripts so our evaluators can approve that you have taken the required prerequisite.
  • Pre/Corequisite Challenge - Attach this form to documentation to so that a faculty member can let you into their class without the require prerequisite.

College of the Redwoods offers reciprocity agreements that allow eligible Oregon residents to attend CR and eligible California residents to attend Southern Oregon University or Oregon Institute of Technology at a reduced tuition rate.

If you have any questions regarding the Oregon Exchange Program, please contact

(707) 476-4200,

Please visit our Tuition and Fees page for more information about tuition and fees.

Oregon to California

Minimum GPA Requirement:

SOU: 2.25 College, 2.00 High School

OIT:   2.00 College, 2.50 High School

Application Process:

1. Apply to College of the Redwoods

2. Complete the reciprocity agreement with SOU or OIT

3. Send your official transcripts to CR (high school or college)

California to Oregon

Minimum Unit Requirement:

SOU: 60 cumulative semester units

OIT:   60 cumulative semester units for majors that require lower division General Education*

*For majors that do not have acceptable transfer General Education, or for highly impacted programs, a student is eligible to attend OIT without completing a minimum number of units at CR. Students are encouraged to contact OIT for information regarding these programs.

Minimum GPA Requirement:

SOU: 2.25 College

OIT:   2.00 College, 2.50 High School

Application Process:

1. Submit the completed Oregon Exchange Program Application to CR's Admissions and Records Office.

2. Apply for the Oregon institution of your choice: Southern Oregon University or Oregon Institute of Technology

3. Send your official transcripts from College of the Redwoods, and your high school if less than 60 units are completed at CR, to the Oregon institution you applied to.

Students whose legal residence is outside of California may be able to enroll in online courses if their state of residence allows it. Out-of-state students are required to pay nonresident tuition, and should consult the college Catalog for details.

As of this time, only students whose legal residence is in the following states may register for online classes with College of the Redwoods:

  • Arizona
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Massachusetts
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • North Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington

If you register for online classes at CR, and you live in a state not listed above, you will receive an email letting you know that you have been de-registered from your classes.
more information:

  2023 College of the Redwoods