International Students

It is easy to apply as an International Student at College of the Redwoods! With the implementation of "One Reg," International students can now apply to College of the Redwoods for both Fall and Spring semesters! All documents for admissions must be submitted by the following deadlines:

Fall Semester:

  • Deadline to Apply: June 1
  • Semester begins mid to late August

Spring Semester:

  • Deadline to Apply: November 1
  • Semester begins mid to late January

To apply follow these steps:

  1. Download the International Student Application
  2. Complete the form and submit it along with:
  • The Financial Assurance Form
  • Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 45 is required for admission. Sign up for and take the TOEFL (click here).
  • Official English translations of secondary and post-seconday Certificate and Degree Verification.
  • A non-refundable $100 UDS application/filing fee. The fee must be submitted by money order or check drawn on a US Bank. No Cash Please.

Submit all documents to:

College of the Redwoods
International Student Admissions
7351 Tompkins HIll Road
Eureka, California 95501

After we have received your completed application and you have met the necessary requirements, we will process your acceptance and send your acceptance documents within two-weeks. These are the documents you will need to apply for the F-1 Visa.


Your DSO (Designated School Official) for SEVIS paperwork for International Students and Advisor is Crystal Morse.

Location: SS105
Eureka Main Campus, in the Student Services building
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Phone: 707.476.4492

Transferring into College of the Redwoods from another school in the United States

In addition to completing the International Student Application, you will need to fill out the International Student Transfer Form, and you will need to notify your present school of your intent to transfer. Your school will then release your record to us.

Transferring Credits from your U.S College

How do I transfer my units to College of the Redwoods?
To transfer your units to College of the Redwoods, send an official transcript to the International Student Office. Please attach a note that says, "For Transfer Credit."

Where do I send my transcripts?
Send unopened, official transcripts to:

College of the Redwoods
Transcript Evaluator
7531 Tompkins Hill Road
Eureka, CA 95501-9300

If your transcript shows proof of completing U.S. college English, ESL or Math courses, you may not be required to take CR assessment tests. It is sometimes helpful to take the assessment tests since waiting on transcripts to arrive may hold up your registration, OR if you do well on a placement test, you may be able to be placed into a higher level course.

Transferring to another college/university from College of the Redwoods?

You must notify the International Student Office of your intent to transfer by filling out and submitting the appropriate forms. You will then receive instructions to complete the process.

Classes for Students from other schools

If you are an F-1 student from another U.S. college/university and you wish to take classes at College of the Redwoods part-time or over the summer/winter sessions, please contact the International Student Office for more information.

As part of the admission process, International Students must pay a $100, nonrefundable application fee and provide proof of funds in the amount of $25,000 USD.

Non-resident Tuition and Fees $7400.00 ($305 per unit plus term fees of $40 per term)

Other costs (Estimated expense of books, supplies, transportation and spending money) $5181.00

Living Expenses (Food and housing) $11,493.00

Total Estimated Cost: $24,174.00

All fees are in USD and all payments must be drawn on a US Bank. Additionally, all documents submitted by an International Student must be in English.


Students petitioning for credit must provide an evaluation of their foreign transcripts completed by an independent transcript evaluation service approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.

In order to be considered for UNIT credit, the evaluation of the student’s transcript, conducted by the independent transcript evaluation service and must include the following:

Section 1: 1. Description of the country’s higher education system and the role of the institution in that system.

2. Verification that the institution is approved by the country’s approving/accrediting agency (e.g., ministry of education)

3. The hours completed and their semester-unit equivalencies.

4. Grades-the U.S. (i.e., A-F), pass/no pass, or percentage, including the percentage required for a passing grade.

Unless the provisions of Section 2 (below) of this regulation are met, only elective credit will be granted.

In order to be considered for COURSE credit, in addition to the requirements for section 1 of the regulation, the evaluation must include the following for EACH course:

Section 2: 1. Course Description

2. Topics Covered

3. Hours (lecture hours and/or lab hours)

4. Prerequisite(s), if applicable

A maximum of the equivalent of 30 semester units may be accepted for course work at an institution of higher education outside the United States.

Please allow two to four weeks for the evaluation to be completed. You can review results of your transcript evaluation by logging on to your WebAdvisor account. Click on “Program Evaluation” under the Academic Profile section.