Other Testing Services
The ASC offers a variety of testing services to support student learning and serve the public at large. Please remember to bring a valid photo I.D. to all testing appointments.
The ASC is a recognized testing site for a number of educational institutions. Students who need to have a test for another college proctored at CR can make arrangements with their instructor or Distance Learning department to have the test sent to us.
Here's what you need to know:
- Schedule your testing appointment
- Pay $20/hour fee (based on the test time allotted) at the Cashier window in our Business Office (707-476-4126)
- Call 476-4154 to be sure we have received your exam
- Bring your receipt and photo ID on the day of the test
- We will return tests by USPS mail, fax, or email (included); or by Fed Ex/UPS (extra charge)
Distance Education Exams
Most instructors who teach online courses require students to take a proctored final exam at an approved location. We are happy to offer this service to CR Distance Education students. By administering distance education tests in the ASC over a period of time that includes evening hours, we help to provide flexibility for students and instructors alike.
GED Testing is available through our Community Education Office at our downtown Eureka site. Please call (707) 476-4500 or stop by 525 D Street in Eureka for more information.
Students requesting to take a final exam outside of the regularly scheduled final exam time must have their instructor’s authorization, as they would for any other make-up exam.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS)
Nursing students who need more information about the ATI TEAS should contact Janet Humble at 707-476-4216.
Tests or Services the ASC does not provide:
- Test proctoring for entire classes (aside from Distance Education courses)
- Online traffic schools (Contact Humboldt County Library or the Arcata Branch Library)
- SAT, GRE, ACT (Contact Humboldt State University)
- CBEST, LSAT, MCAT, PRAXIS, RICA (Contact Humboldt State University)
- GED preparation services (Contact Community Education located at 525 D St. Eureka; 707-476-4500)