Summer 2022 CalWORKs Semester HOURS:  M-Th 9am-4pm



For More information please contact Debbie:                           or 707.476.4181 (M-TH 7am-5pm)
  • Eureka Campus
    7351 Tompkins Hill Rd
    Eureka, CA 95501-9300
    (707) 476-4581


  • Del Norte Campus
    883 W Washington Blvd.
    Crescent City, CA 95531
    (707) 476-4581


  • Klamath-Trinity Campus  
    29 Orchard Street
    Hoopa, CA.  95546
    (530) 625-4821

Red CalWORKS_logo

What is the CalWORKs Program, at College of the Redwoods?

California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a state-funded Welfare-to-Work program designed to assist parenting students, with children under the age of 18, who are receiving cash assistance (TANF), become self-sufficient. 

  • Students receive specialized academic advising/counseling, assistance with transportation, support with school supplies, and referrals to supportive services, all while attending college.
  • Some students may be eligible for the CalWORKs Work Study program. The CalWORKs Work Study program will provide paid on-the-job training opportunities for students that is geared to their vocational goal. The CalWORKs program is designed to prepare individuals for work in order to gain financial independence and self-sufficiency.

  • Parenting students with a child/children under the age of 18, who currently receive cash assistance (TANF) through the Department of Health and Human Services.
  • Student parents who are Self-Initiated CalWORKs Program participants.
  • Student parents who are Exempt CalWORKs students.
  • All student parents must be in good Standing with the county.

For information contact CalWORKs at: (707) 476-4581

CR CalWORKs can help students improve job skills in order to raise family income and support independence. CR provides individualized support services for CalWORKs students. These services include assistance with:

  • Assistance with minor school supplies.
  • Transportation assistance-gas cards.
  • Campus parking passes
  • Developing individual education and employment plans in coordination with Social Services.
  • FWS Job placement.
  • Referral to campus and community resources
CR CalWORKs can assist students with achieving a successful college experience. The CR CalWORKs team works with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) staff, to assist students with their individual education and employment plans.
  • Complete and submit a CR application
  • Complete and submit financial aid, BOG fee waiver, and scholarship applications
  • Make an appointment to meet with the CR CalWORKs Counselor or Advisor

If you have any questions or want to make an appointment, please contact the CR CalWORKs department at 707-476-4581.

It is the policy of College of the Redwoods not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, or sexual orientation in its educational programs and its employment practices. Read Full Policy Here

Translate this page

  2021 College of the Redwoods