WE ARE NOT A WORK STUDY OR JOB PROGRAM
Are you a current CalWORKs student parent? Are you looking to build your resume? Participating in a Work Study position is a great place to start! Not only will you gain employment skills in a caring setting on campus, you will also earn extra income. It is a win-win.
Link to both FWS and Non FWS positions on and off campus https://www.redwoods.edu/Careercenter/Home/Jobs
Eligibility Requirements CR CalWORKs Students:
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Have a current FAFSA and Promise Grant Waiver, and must be determined eligible through the CR Financial Aid Office.
- Have Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). At least 67% of attempted classes must be completed. This can be petitioned.
- Must be in good standing with your county case worker, through DHHS..
Please contact the CalWORKs department for more information
- CalWORKs Work Study Income DOES NOT COUNT AGAINST YOUR CASH BENEFITS. It is exempt!
- Students participating in CalWORKs Work Study can work up to 20 hours per week during enrolled class sessions. Students can work more--up to 40 hours per week--during certain breaks between semesters/sessions. Breaks between enrolled classes cannot be longer than 5 weeks for work-study funding.