News Production Assistant Part Time - Sinclair Broadcast Group - Eureka
KAEF ABC 23 in Eureka, CA is looking for a part-time News Production Assistant who will be responsible for preparing for newscasts at 6, 10 and 11 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Operate Graphics, Audio or Camera for our evening newscasts
- Train for fill-in directing
- Prep for newscasts including but not limited to:
- Prepare all fonts to air during newscast
- Studio and set preparation
- Maintaining studio
- Editing for newscasts
- Writing for digital
- Coverage at breaking news
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience is not necessary, but education and/or internship in television or related field is preferred
- Degree in Journalism or a related field preferred
- Training will be provided
General Hours: [5 p.m. to 12 a.m. Monday-Friday]
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including days and weekends
- Other hours as needed, on occasion
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.