College of the Redwoods - Student Worker 2 - DSPS - Del Norte
Contact Person: Lynn Durkee- 707 465 2324
Location: College of the Redwoods, Del Norte
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in required training and staff meetings
- Develop schedule that will accommodate students in GUID 143-148
- Provide individual and small group peer instructional support in subjects they are proficient in based on grades and/or GPA
- Create a supportive and friendly atmosphere for learning
- Have regular contact with faculty in the discipline being tutored
- Participate in tutee recruitment
- Document daily contacts with students and summary reports
- Guide students with approached to homework assignments, projects, presentations and research
- Participate in planning and conducting student retention activities
- Assist with financial literacy workshops
- Encourage students to fully utilize services
- Model and encourage self-advocacy and self-reliance
- Assist DSPS staff with projects.
Ideal candidates must have motivation to set goals for academic future, experience working with a diverse population of people, experience working with individuals with disabilities, must be accurate, responsible and dependable.
All student workers must meet minimum of 2.0 grade point average and be enrolled in a minimum of six until for the semester.
Student must qualify for CalWorks and Federal Work Study Funding to apply