Early Learning Center Assistant Cook - Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation - Smith River
Position Name : Early Learning Center Assistant Cook
Business Name: Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation (Early Learning Program)
Business Address: 2840 Mouth of Smith River Road
City, State, Zip: Smith River, CA 95567
Contact: Jennifer Reid, Head Start Manager
# of openings: 1
How to apply: Visit https://www.tolowa-nsn.gov/ and click "Employment"
Job Description: Under the direct supervision of the Nutrition Specialist, the Assistant Cook will provide support in preparing, purchasing, storing, and serving food in accordance with USDA/California Department of Education Nutrition Guidelines. The Assistant Cook follows detailed instructions and procedures in accomplishing assignments.
Hours per week: 20
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
1. Combination of education and work experience will be considered.
TC Approved 3/14/19
2. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required; education and experience, will be
3. Must possess knowledge of the Food Program Requirements, knowledge of early childhood
nutritional needs, ability to judge food quality, knowledge of quantity buying and cooking,
knowledge of different types/uses of kitchen utensils and equipment.
4. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of personal information about children, families and
5. Ability and knowledge to work with 3-5 year old children and meet Head Start standards of
conduct and confidentiality.
6. CPR and First Aid certified.
7. Current physical exam/tuberculosis test clearance.
8. Hepatitis B series I, II, and III as required.
9. Possess a valid driver’s license to drive agency vehicle(s).
10. Must submit to and pass the pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and criminal background
11. Comprehensive knowledge of the history, culture and organization history of the Tolowa Dee-ni'
Nation and the Tolowa people is preferred.
12. Qualified American Indian Preference applies.