Parent Effectiveness Training
Flyer: Comming 2018!
Dates: Spring 2018
Classroom Days/Time: TBD
Scholarships may be available. For more information call Ganansini at 707-923-3065
Class Limit: 25
Location: Garberville Instructional Site - 286 Sprowl Creek Rd. Garberville, CA 95542
Instructor: Ganasini Devi
Whether you’re the parent of a toddler or a teenager, you know that parenting can be challenging—even overwhelming at times. Unfortunately, children don’t come with an instruction manual. And, being a parent doesn’t always mean that you automatically or instinctively know what to do.
Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) offers proven communication skills that really work. When they use these skills, parents are amazed with the dramatic improvement both in their families and in all their relationships. This program was created by award-winning psychologist and three-time Nobel Peace Prize nominee, Dr. Thomas Gordon, in 1962 and has been continually updated since.
You, too, can learn these communication and conflict resolution skills through Dr. Gordon’s P.E.T. program, taught by a certified P.E.T. Instructor.
How You and Your Family Will Benefit
- Your children will feel free to discuss their problems and concerns with you instead of withdrawing.
- They will learn self-discipline, self-control and an inner sense of personal responsibility.
- You will learn how to work with each other instead of against each other.
- You’ll experience fewer angry outbursts and more problem-solving.
- Everyone can participate in rule-setting so all will feel motivated to comply with the rules.
- There will be fewer power struggles—less tension, less resentment, more fun, more peace, more love.
What You Will Learn
- How to talk to your children so that they will listen to you.
- How to listen to your children so they feel genuinely understood.
- How to resolve conflicts and problems in your family so that no one loses and problems stay solved.
- A method for troubleshooting family problems and knowing which skills to use to solve them.