Thursday, Nov. 5 - 5:30 - 9:30 pm
Sunday, Nov. 8 - 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, Nov. 12 - 5:30 - 9:30 pm
Sunday, Nov. 15 - 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Location: CR Main Campus - Room 103/104
7351 Tompkins Hill Rd
Eureka, CA 95501
Instructor: Virginia Plambeck
Renew your California EMT certification with this North Coast EMS-approved course!
This North Coast EMS-approved course meets state requirements for EMT refresher training, including California Skills Competency Verification. Course includes rigorous and fast-paced didactic instruction, skills sessions, and scenario practice. Topics include personal safety, medicolegal issues, patient assessment, and management of medical and traumatic emergencies. It also includes training in new skills in the EMT scope of practice: Use of a glucometer and finger stick blood glucose testing, epinephrine auto-injector, and naloxone nasal spray. Participants who successfully complete this course will be eligible to apply for re-certification as a California EMT.
- Personal Safety
- Medicolegal issues
- Medical and legal safety
- Patient assessment
- Management of medical and traumatic emergencies
- New EMT skills: use of a glucometer, naloxone and epinephrine
- California Skills competency verification
Note: This course does NOT include CPR re-certification. Additional requirements are needed for NREMT re-certification.
This class will be conducted in person. The class will involve hands-on physical contact as part of scenario practice, skills training, and skills competency verification. As of this publication, the following precautions will be in place:
- Health screening:
- Student should not attend class if they are sick.
- Further screening may include temperature checks and symptom questionnaires.
- Classroom hygiene
- Students will practice appropriate hand washing and/or hand sanitizing.
- Students will be reminded to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Surfaces and equipment will be sanitized after use.
- Social Distancing will be required,
- When feasible, physical distancing of 6 feet will be practiced.
- Personal protective equipment
- Students will wear personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, face shields) when performing medical scenarios or practicing skills.
- Please bring your own mask
- Students will be issued a face shield to keep
- The instructor and students will be expected to model their commitment to quality medical care by supporting these strategies.