Day/Date: Monday, May 24, 2021
Day/Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Class Limit: 16
Location: Eureka Downtown - 525 D Street
Instructor: James Gordon
This one-day injections training is for those who are employed, or seeking employment, in a medical office setting and will be working under the supervision of a physician. It meets the standards and qualifications established by the Division of Allied Health Professionals, Board of Medical Quality Assurance, and State of California. Please bring a calculator to class.
- Know Universal Precautions
- Know the Injection sites
- How to administer a Subcutaneous, Intramuscular, Intradermal injection
- How to calculate drug dosage correctly
This class will be conducted in person. The class will involve hands-on physical contact as part of scenario practice, skills training, and skills competency verification. As of this publication, the following precautions will be in place:
- Health screening:
- Student should not attend class if they are sick.
- Further screening may include temperature checks and symptom questionnaires.
- Classroom hygiene
- Students will practice appropriate hand washing and/or hand sanitizing.
- Students will be reminded to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Surfaces and equipment will be sanitized after use.
- Social Distancing will be required,
- When feasible, physical distancing of 6 feet will be practiced.
- Personal protective equipment
- Students will wear personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, face shields) when performing medical scenarios or practicing skills.
- Please bring your own mask
- Students will be issued a face shield to keep
- The instructor and students will be expected to model their commitment to quality medical care by supporting these strategies.