(Formerly known as Fire Safety for Hired Vendors)
CAL FIRE and the United States Forest Service (USFS), in partnership with College of the Redwoods Community Education are able to offer the required 2021 fire season hired equipment safety training.
Bulldozer operators, water tenders, crew bus drivers, vehicle drivers, mechanics who have a CAL FIRE/USFS agreement or contract requiring annual safety training will need to take this mandatory class or they will not be eligible for contracts for the entire 2021 fire season. This class will offer hired vendors a better understanding of fire safety and give them knowledge to stay safe while fighting fires during the 2021 fire season.
State Fire Training ID# INFORMATION
The CA State Fire Training Department has made a few changes to what was formerly called Fireline Safety Awareness for Hired Vendors. The class is now called Incident Safery Awareness for Hired Vendors. Also, scantrons will no longer be used to register and track students, instead you will use your State Fire Training ID# (SFT ID#) to verify that you have successfully completed the training. Please bring your SFT ID# with you to class. If you HAVE taken the Incident Safety Awareness for Hired Vendors class in the past, please use this link https://apps.cce.csus.edu/sites/stateFIre to look up your SFT ID#. If you have NOT take an Incident Safety Awareness for Hired Vendors class in the past, please know you will be marked as a "new" student on the roster. Once the course is submitted back to State Fire Training (SFT) and processed the new student will receive a SFT ID# and access to their SFT portal. Please plan to provide a unique current email address that you have access. If you have any problems getting a new SFT ID or finding an existing ID, please email SFT.Acadisonline@fire.ca.gov or call 916-568-2911. Upon successful completion of the class, you will recieve a card showing that you have been certified. Please note that State Fire Training has increased the fee for this card by 275% as of January 1, 2021.
Student Capacity per class: 40
Instructor: Chad Henson
All Class Sections Location: Eureka Main Campus - Performing Arts Theatre
Check-In Time: 8:00am
Class Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
March 12, 2021 - (051557) CLASS FULL
March 13, 2021 - (051558)
April 2, 2021 - (051559)
April 3, 2021 - (051560)
Students will be required to adhere to the following Health and Safety Protocols while participating in this class:
- Health screening:
- Student should not attend class if they are sick.
- Further screening may include temperature checks and symptom questionnaires.
- Classroom hygiene
- Students will practice appropriate hand washing and/or hand sanitizing.
- Students will be reminded to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Surfaces and equipment will be sanitized after use.
- When feasible, physical distancing of 6 feet will be practiced.
- Personal protective equipment
- Students will wear personal protective equipment – masks – throughout the entire class.
- Compliance /culture
- The instructor and students will be expected to model their commitment to quality medical care by supporting these strategies