Placement is as simple as 1-2-3!
1. Schedule an appointment:
- Consult the Placement Workshop Schedule and reserve a time to come in by calling the Academic Support Center (707.476.4154) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drop-in placement is available on a limited basis, but due to heavy demand you may have to wait. The last appointment for each day starts at 3 p.m. Please call 707.476.4154 for more information.
2. When you come in:
- Bring a current photo ID
- It is helpful if you either know your student ID number or have it written down.
- If you have been out of school for a while, and have transcripts from your high school, please bring them. (But if you don't have them, we can still place you!)
- A Counselor, Advisor, or Academic Support staff member will meet with you to discuss a number of indicators, or “multiple measures,” that will determine your placement. These indicators may include:
- High School Transcripts
- Your previous success and/or completion of college level coursework
- Highest level of English and/or math you have completed
- Past study habits and academic strengths
- Obligations that can impact your course work
- Motivation to achieve your educational goal(s)
You will be given a placement level and should be able to register in English or Math courses right away. If you have any questions or concerns about your placement level, you can schedule an appointment with a counselor or advisor to discuss them. (Just remember that CR provides plenty of support to help make sure that students are likely to succeed at the level they are placed!)
What if I can't come in?
If you are interested in coming to College of the Redwoods, but you are unable to come to campus, please let us know - call (707.476.4154) or email email@example.com for assistance.