The Application for Spring 2018 is currently closed as we have new TRiO Mentors already on our team!
If you think you will be interested in this position at a later date, please feel free to submit an application below.
We will announce the next round of opportunities, should it come up in the near future.
Thank you for your Interest!
TRiO Mentors will support students in their established cohorts by making personalized connections throughout the semester. Mentors will also provide workshops pertaining to college success, assist with 4-year university applications, and assist with navigating WebAdvisor. Mentors will also make appointments and referrals to student services when appropriate.
TRiO Mentors will provide general information about Financial Aid processes, provide assistance completing the FAFSA and other Financial Aid applications, and making referrals to Financial Aid personnel when appropriate.
TRiO Mentors may provide Tutoring in an academic specialty of their choice, refer students to online tutoring resources, and refer students to support courses when appropriate.
- This position is open to anyone who demonstrates positive Mentorship qualities as a current or former student; and TRiO or non-TRiO student.
- Ability to attend Orientation as requested in the TRiO Mentor Application.
- Willingness to relate and extend support to students who encounter academic, economic, social/emotional, and/or career life challenges.
- Open Minded and Non-Judgmental of Others.
- Possess Creativity & Flexibility.
- Personable with Great Communication Skills.
- Have an interest to provide Tutoring in at least 1 subject:
- English (102)
- English (1A, 1B)
- Math (380/194/120)
- Math (102/15)
- Social Sciences
- Early Childhood Education
- Community Involvement
- Experience providing academic and/or personalized support
- Complete the Application Below
- Must be available to attend Training and Orientation on January 20th