Direct Loan Request Process
LOANS AND DEADLINES
✅ Fall 2020/Spring 2021 Loan: Available
✅ Spring Only Loan: Available
✅ Fall Only Loan: Due Soon
NOTE: Fall Only Loans are for students who intend to be enrolled only in the Fall 2020 term. Spring Only Loans are for students who intend to be enrolled only in the Spring 2021 term. Fall/Spring Full Year Loans are for students who intend to be enrolled for both the Fall 2020 term and the Spring 2021 term.
Full Year (F2020/S2021) Loans Due: April 23, 2021
Spring 2021 Semester Only Loans Due: April 23, 2021
Fall 2020 Semester Only Loans Due: November 27, 2020
⚠ Current Status:
✅ The 2020-2021 Loan Applications are being processed without delays. Standard processing time is 4-6 weeks.
Completion of the 2020-21 Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and all additional requested documents is required in order to assess eligibility for a Direct Student Loan. Carefully review the loan request steps as outlined below (click on the links to access required forms or websites). The loan processing steps should be completed in the order presented, otherwise delays can occur with the loan disbursement.
You are responsible for meeting applicable deadlines, reading all loan information and ensuring you have completed all required steps. Late or incomplete loan forms will not be processed and may be returned to you. This includes inaccurate or incomplete information submitted to financial aid office, or any other required forms submitted as part of the loan request process. This includes ensuring that you have completed the FAFSA application and all additional requested documents PRIOR to the Loan Request deadlines listed above.
- Electronically via eForms
- How Do I Access and Submit the Loan Application?
- Please refer to Section 2, Step 4.
1. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU REQUEST A LOAN?
Borrow only when absolutely necessary. Students who are planning to transfer should be aware that loans are generally the largest portion of a financial aid package at four year colleges. Consider your total educational debt before borrowing at College of the Redwoods.
Loan Interest Rates and Origination Fees:
Please access the document below for more information on student loan interest rates, origination fees, maximum amounts and examples of how origination fees are applied.
Student loan disbursements for first-time borrowers will be made no earlier than 30 days after the first day of the term. Please review our 2020-2021 Disbursement Schedule regarding disbursement dates and enrollment status dates. Students receive a loan award notification email that detailes their assigned loan disbursement dates, please monitor your student email for loan correspondences. All documentation such as an MPN and Entrance Loan Counseling must be on file by the enrollment status date that corresponds with the scheduled disbursement date, otherwise delays can occur with loan funds. All loans have a minimum of two disbursement dates if originated before the midterm of the semester. Loan refunds are provided to students through their BankMobile refund preference, Learn More Here.
Loan Enrollment Period Dates:
Your loan enrollment period is the period of time that you are eligible to receive loan funds during each academic year. The loan period for most students are the Fall and Spring semesters, the Fall semester only, or the Spring semester only. For students in non-standard length programs, such as the Police Academy or LVN program, the loan enrollment period will be specific to your program start and end dates.
- Fall/Spring Loan Period Dates: 08/22/2020-05/14/2021
- Fall Only Loan Period Dates: 08/22/2020-12/18/2020
- Spring Only Loan Period Dates: 01/22/2021-05/14/2021
Learn more about staying eligible for financial aid HERE
If you have questions about the loan process, need submission assistance or need help with understanding your prior loan debt, please contact the financial literacy advisor at 707-476-4183 or email: FinAid@redwoods.edu | StudentLoanAssistance@redwoods.edu
2. WHAT STEPS ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR A LOAN?
Delays can occur if the student does not complete the steps in the order presented, Steps 1-3 should be completed first before a student submits a loan request as outlined in Step 4.
Step 1: Complete the 2020/21 FAFSA application process.
- Submit any follow-up documents that are requested by the financial aid office. You will receive a student email notice when your Financial Aid file review is complete.
- Haven't submitted a FAFSA? Apply here: fafsa.ed.gov
- Note: The email subject heading will be: Financial Aid Award Notification or Financial Aid Eligibility Notification.
Step 2: Submit a Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)
- Complete online at StudentAid.gov
- Make sure the MPN is for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan for Undergraduates
- Only needs to be submitted once, unless your MPN has expired (good for 10 years).
- Announcement: Starting the 2021-2022 academic year, students will need to resubmit a "Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment" each year.
- Additional Information about completing the MPN process can be found: HERE.
- Note: If you completed an MPN at a previous institution you will need to login to studentaid.gov and resubmit the MPN to College of the Redwoods. (Directions)
Step 3: Complete Entrance Counseling
- Complete session online at StudentAid.gov
- Only needs to be completed once.
- Additional Information about completing the Loan Counseling process can be found: HERE
- Note: If you completed entrance counseling at a previous institution you will need to login to studentaid.gov and resend your completed entrance counseling to College of the Redwoods by using the "Notify Additional School" function. (Directions)
Step 4: Submit Loan Application
- How to use and login to eForms
- Review the eForm Tutorial for login instructions and navigating eForms: View Tutorial
- tip: to log into eForms, you must use the Google sign in button on the bottom of the sign in page, then use your student email login information.
- If you do not have access to your student email, please contact the IT Help Desk to recover your student email: 707-476-4160
- The Loan Application eForm
- Access the Loan Application eForm (Click Here)
- Academic Year must be 2020-21
- If the eForm is not accessible, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, please send a screenshot of what your seeing if possible. We have alternative options for students who are unable to access the eForm due to technical issues with the system.
- If eForm is submitted with incorrect information, it will be returned to the student. An automated email will be sent to your student email and the form will be placed in your eForm inbox. If you have been requested to update your eForm, you will need to log back into eForms and fix the form. Please check your junk/spam folder.
3. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT MY LOAN REQUEST?
Financial Aid Staff will review your Direct Loan application to determine your eligibility. The loan certification process may take 4-6 weeks, or longer depending on when you submit your request and if you have completed all required steps as outlined in Section 1 and 2 of this page. If you have any questions about your loan request, want to make a change to your original request (unless already awarded loans, please use loan change form below), or need to make an appointment to talk with the Financial Literacy Specialist, please call (707) 476-4183 or email email@example.com.
Reviewed the entire webpage? Still have questions or concerns? Please email: StudentLoanAssistance@redwoods.edu or Call: 707-476-4183