Internet & Computer Use
Internet Use: Internet access via networked computers or wireless is available for students and staff at the Eureka and Del Norte Campus Libraries. On the Eureka Campus, wireless access extends through the LRC building, including the hallway and food-friendly foyer. All Internet and computer users in the Library, or in any part of the LRC, are subject to the same rules and restrictions and receive the same privileges. See Computer Use section below.
Internet access via networked computers or wireless is free and no password is required. However, to access library online databases and electronic resources such as e-books, authorization is required. All users accessing the databases via wireless will be prompted to login. Your Student ID number is your password.
Wireless printing is not available. You must use one of the networked computers if you want to send anything to the printers. Various types of removable storage media (USB, disks, etc.) are available at the Circulation Services Desk if you need to save your work for printing from a networked computer.
Computer Use: All persons using computers in the LRC must comply with the College's policy on computer, Internet, and E-mail use, AP 3720. (The full policy is available at: http://www.redwoods.edu/District/Board/New/Chapter3/AP3720.pdf.)
A summary of the main points is listed below.
- E-mail is not private. Some E-mail is illegal. Illegal E-mail is prohibited.
- CR Internet access and E-mail may not be used for personal, political, or commercial purposes. CR Internet access and E-mail are provided for educational purposes only.
- In the case of limited resources, such as a limited number of computers in a library where students are waiting, educational purposes must always be given precedence over personal use.
- Viewing adult sites is forbidden. Violation of this rule may cause the violator to be banned from the LRC.
- Copying, tampering with, or installing any software is forbidden.
We ask that any problems with the computers be reported to library staff.