Due to COVID-19, the Math Lab is now hosted virtually through the Math 52/252 Canvas Shell.
Please read through the following updated information about how the math lab will be ran until further notice.
Virtual Math Lab
The Math Lab is an optional course that is separate from your regular mathematics course. It offers instructional support for mathematics students in a drop-in, self-paced, online environment through Canvas.
Students can video-chat through Zoom with a mathematics instructor or post questions in a discussion forum.
Math Lab resources available with Online Math Lab:
- one-on-one video or phone chat help from CR mathematics instructors
- access to discussion forums answered by CR mathematics instructors and peer tutors
You must be registered for a Math Lab course in order to get help in the Math Lab.
The Non-Credit Course allows you to drop into the math lab whenever you need help without any minimum time requirements or online assignments.
To earn credit, For-Credit Courses require that you:
- Complete a minimum number of hours by the last regular day for the semester.
- 1/2 credit = 22.5 hours (about 1.5 hours per week, on average)
- 1 credit = 45 hours (about 3 hours per week, on average)
Note: Since Math Lab is now online, students will NOT log hours. For Spring 2020, students enrolled in Math 52 (1/2 credit or 1 credit) will NOT need to meet minimum hour requirements. Students in for-credit Math Lab will still need to complete a set of inline assignments.
2. Complete a set of online assignments through Canvas.
To access Online Math Lab, visit the course page on Canvas. Your hours will not be tracked for the remainder of the semester. When you have a question or need help, you can get help in two ways:
1) Written tutoring help
- Post your math question in the Discussions tab.
- Find your math subject from the different discussion topics and reply to the instructional post.
- A tutor will respond to your post with math help.
2) Real time tutoring help
- Real time tutoring help is facilitated through Zoom.
- If you are on your smart device (phone or tablet) or computer, enter the online Zoom session by following the link. You will be received in a waiting room and the instructor will let you in when they are free.
- You can also call in and have a phone conversation with the tutor.
Look over the schedule to see if your instructor has hours in the Math Lab.
Log onto Canvas periodically (at least once per week) to check your Math Lab page for information, announcements, messages, and new assignments.
Virtual Math Lab
Instructor Schedule - Summer 2020
Location: Math Lab Canvas Page - Math 52/252
To gain access to the virtual math lab (Canvas Course), please register for MATH-52, Section 051218 (for credit) or MATH-252, Section 050974 (non-credit).