Faculty Canvas Resources
Canvas is the LMS (Learning Management System) used here at CR. If you are just starting out and want to see what all the fuss is about check out this Orientation to CR Canvas.
Don’t have a Canvas login at CR yet! You can start using canvas now for free and transfer your work to CR when you get a login. See Free Canvas Account.
Tips, Training and Guides
Tips, Tricks, Common issues and more What You Need To Know About Canvas
When is Canvas available to faculty and students and What Are The Canvas Term Dates?
Online conferencing tool ConferZoom - Account Setup for help with Zoom and Canvas see: Techconnect CCC Zoom Help
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and Canvas
- Proctorio – A tool to do online proctoring for your online Canvas exams. Info for students
(see the OEI Proctorio site or Contact your Instructional Tech for more information )
- Nettutor – Online tutoring service for online courses.
- Turnitin information – A plagiarism detection tool
- SmarterMeasures - An assessment of students online class skills
- SoftChalk – A tool to build Activities and navigation in Canvas
(Contact your Instructional Tech for access to SoftChalk)
- MyOpenMath – Integrated with Canvas
Canvas Shell Release Schedule
- Spring semester Canvas shells will release 11-12 weeks before the start of the semester (Around the end of October)
- Summer shells will release 11-12 weeks before the start of Summer semester (Around Mid-March)
- Fall shells will release 4 or 5 weeks before the end of the Spring semester (Mid-April)