Published on 7/24/2018.
Friday, September 28, 2018
10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Webinar, see log in information below to log in to your computer.
Have you ever dealt with a frustrated, demanding, or threatening student, parent or even a fellow staff member? If you've worked the "front lines" of customer service in higher education, you have had this experience. So how can you handle the difficult or disruptive customer in a positive and safe manner? This webinar will offer practical advice and tips for frontline staff on how to work with frustrated and difficult students, in person, on the phone, or through email. The presenter will discuss ways to prevent problems before they start, reduce escalation and conflict, and hopefully turn a negative into a positive.
- Learn how to address in person, phone and email issues with the highest level of customer service even in complex situations
- Learn how to say no effectively
- Learn how to assess situations, give referrals or seek assistance as appropriate
- Leave with frontline strategies that support students, faculty, and staff in crisis
No RSVP required. If you have any questions please call HR at x4192.
Thank you for registering for Training Front Office Staff: Handling Difficult & Disruptive Behaviors
webinar. If you have any questions, call us at 303-955-0415 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Training Front Office Staff: Handling Difficult & Disruptive Behaviors
Date and Time: Friday, September 28, 2018 (90 minutes)
Test Your Computer Before The Live Event
Complete this test on the computer you're going to use for the event prior to the live webinar.
- Option #1
- Click on the link below up to 30 minutes before the webinar start time:
If the link does not work, please copy and paste it into your browser.
- Enter your first name, last name, email, and event password. If you've attended a Webex webinar in the past, your password may have autosaved. Please delete the old password and enter the one listed here.
- Option #2
- Although it is rare that attendees encounter technical difficulties, we like to offer alternative login directions in case you do have any problems logging in using the steps given above.
1. Go to https://innovativeeducators.webex.com
2. Click on Event Center
3. Click on your workshop
4. Enter your name or the name of your institution, email and the password.
You can receive audio either via your computer speakers (streaming) or via the telephone. We strongly encourage you to have a telephone as a backup option in case you lose audio due to speed or bandwidth capabilities of your internet connection.
If you choose to listen via telephone: Please make sure that your phone system is loud enough for your audience. You will likely want a phone connected to a powered amplification system/ speakers. Speakerphones are rarely enough for more than one or two people.
Use the following information to dial into the conference call line.
- Dial 1.866.469.3239
- Access Code: 803 735 137
Additional Handout I
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ ay9zms7npq6vbmo/ implementationguide.pdf?dl=1
Webinar Evaluation Form