PRESIDENT/SUPERINTENDENT 2016-17 GOALS
1. Maintain Fiscal Stability
- Continue working with EdMAC, and Mendocino College to complete transfer of territory from CR to MC.
- Implement initiatives including distance education and alternative delivery methods that support increased enrollment over 2015-16 levels in 2016-17.
- Submit an on-time balanced budget to the Board of Trustees and the Chancellor’s Office.
- Increase the fund reserve by .5% in 2016-17.
- Continue developing strategies that increase the District’s visibility, provide consistent messaging, enhance the District’s reputation, and help to increase enrollment.
- Continue reviewing the organizational structure for effectiveness and efficiency considering the budget circumstances, the 50% law, and the College mission.
- Continue reviewing academic programs for relevancy and possible suspension, revitalization or discontinuance.
- Review the efficacy of the Garberville Instructional and identify potential future options.
2. Maintain Accreditation
- Continue working with Cabinet and the IEC to improve alignment of institutional planning.
- Meet or exceed ACCJC accreditation standards by providing leadership/oversight with Executive Cabinet, Expanded Cabinet, Academic Senate, and the Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
- Ensure successful submissions of the 2017 Self-Study and Substantive Change proposals to the ACCJC.
- Continue revising Board policies and Administrative procedures that will become outdated in 2016-17.
- Continue enhancing the professional development program for all constituents.
3. Maintain Strong Relationships with Constituency Groups and the Board of Trustees
- Continue keeping constituents informed about issues affecting the College via President’s Blog, email, and meeting with constituent group leadership on a monthly basis.
- Continue promoting increased morale, trust and mutual respect through consistent open and honest communication, inclusion and engagement.
- Continue ensuring that board members are informed and up-to-date on college related issues.
- Continue efforts to implement strategies that promote diversity and inclusion in hiring.
4. Build and Maintain Community Relations
- Maintain relationships with local K-12 superintendents as and principals and encourage faculty to visit high schools and middle schools as well as HSU.
- Work with the Executive Director of College Advancement to develop a community group outreach plan.
- Explore a partnership with the Director of St. Joseph’s Hospital to support the CR nursing program.
5. Student Success/Access
- Continue ensuring that the Annual Plan includes initiatives to improve student access, success, diversity and equity.
- Continue institutionalizing best practices that have proven effective in addressing student access, success and diversity.
- Complete the revision of the Education Master Plan following input from the college and external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a short and long term foundation plan with all Foundation members.
- Implement an alumni database.