President’s Vision and Goals for 2017-18
I am concentrating my priorities on six broad areas: ensuring fiscal stability; generating sustainable enrollment growth; making the most of our human resources potential; enhancing access, retention and inclusion; investing in our academic core mission; and strengthening my relationship with internal constituent leadership. The intent in presenting my vision and goals in a public setting is to openly share what’s expected of me for the upcoming year.
- To ensure that everything CR does will create pathways to degree completion for our students, with a particular focus on retention, progression towards a degree or certificate, and graduation.
- To invest in the College’s core academic mission in ways that respect our traditional offerings while responding to contemporary challenges including increasing faculty diversity, supporting faculty development, and developing academic programs that meet the needs of our community.
- To create opportunities for faculty, staff and students to address some of the pressing issues that confront our community.
- To meet or exceed all Accreditation Standards and Eligibility Requirements and address actionable improvement plans delineated in the 2017 Institutional Self Evaluation Report and Quality Focused Essay (QFE).
- To restore our trust, faith, respect, and commitment to each other as a college community. For this to happen, we will all need to come to the table and have thoughtful, open, and respectful dialogue.
Goal 1: Ensure Fiscal Health
- Implement the recommendations of the FCMAT report as appropriate.
- Implement actions and initiatives that will improve student retention and support sustainable strategic enrollment growth.
- Identify high-interest degree programs that have the potential for growth.
Goal 2: Maximize Human Potential
- Hire high quality, diverse, and talented faculty, staff, and managers.
- Utilize employee expertise more effectively.
- Support staff training and faculty development programs.
Goal 3: Maintain Strong CEO and Board of Trustees Relationship
- Ensure a constructive working relationship with the Board of Trustees in general and the President of the Board, in particular.
- Continue to ensure that board members are informed and up-to-date on college related issues.
- Develop a reporting mechanism to the Board in which the College’s achievements are quarterly and annually articulated.
Goal 4: Strengthen Working Relationships with the Academic Senate, CRFO, CSEA, and the Management Council
- Continue to meet with all constituent groups at least on a monthly basis.
- Redesign the Executive Cabinet to include classified staff, Academic Senate, and Management Council leadership.
- Engage the constituent group leadership in the promoting an open atmosphere characterized by the free interchange of ideas and respect.
Goal 5: Encourage the Improvement of Programs and Services
- Fully implement AP 4021, Program Revitalization and Discontinuation Process.
- Commission a business processes/workflow study to help ensure that processes and procedures are as efficient as possible and offer training programs for business division staff.
- Encourage and support innovative activities of faculty and staff.
Goal 6: Commit to participation, involvement, and engagement
- Expand presidential communication through meaningful and sustainable interactions with the College community such as open forums and individual meetings.
- Create regular communication opportunities with representatives from the ASCR and other student groups.
- Implement actions that address the findings from the Campus Climate Survey.
Goal 7: Focus on student access and success, retention, completion, and equity.
- Provide support for initiatives focused on increasing student success, retention, engagement and completion.
- Ensure the development of an integrated, responsive, and comprehensive student development model that situates advising, counseling, career development, transfer services, orientation, First Year Experience, and support services as central to student success.
- Lead efforts to more effectively identify and coordinate the work of multiple groups across the college to improve student success, student equity, and EEO initiatives.
Goal 8: Focus on community outreach
- Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, expand outreach to strengthen the presence of CR in the local community.
- Continue to host community events on the CR campuses and sites.
- Maintain visibility and participation in local events.
Goal 9: Strengthen relationship between the College of the Redwoods Foundation and College of the Redwoods
- Begin conversations about the development of a Foundation strategic plan.
- Develop a fundraising plan in collaboration with the Foundation.
- Implement the alumni database.