Frequently Asked Questions
How many Students are accepted into the program?
We accept approximately 44 students each Fall.
When can I apply to the ADN-RN Program?
The application period opens in February each year. Please see the application brochure for specific dates. Immediately following the application period, all qualified applicants are scheduled for the TEAS exam. Applicants who pass the TEAS exam will be randomized, assigned a wait list number and placed on the Program Wait List. The Health Occupations Office will notify students by letter of their wait list number and admission status by the end of April.
Applications are rejected for any one of the following reasons:
- Unverified and/or invalidated entries on the application form.
- Lateness – missing the enrollment period deadline. Reapplication is required in order to be considered for the next Enrollment Period.
- Failure to submit all necessary documents with your application (i.e. official college transcripts and official high school transcripts or documentation of college degree in lieu of high school transcripts and/or failure to submit transfer course catalog descriptions.
- Cumulative science prerequisite course GPA below 2.5and/or repetitions greater than allowed number
- Overall GPA below 2.5 for all courses taken at or above collegiate level
After classes have begun in the fall semester, remaining qualified applicants whose lottery numbers did not qualify them for enrollment are required to verify their desire to remain on the program wait list.
What are the entrance requirements?
- Enrollment at College of the Redwoods
- Official high school transcript or equivalent
- Official transcripts for all colleges attended
- Catalog course descriptions for prerequisite courses to the nursing program (course descriptions are only required for courses taken at other colleges/universities other than the College of the Redwoods).
- These courses must appear on official transcripts
- Successful TEAS exam
How do I apply to the Program?
- File a complete enrollment application to the College of the Redwoods through Web Advisor. Students must be accepted by the College to participate in the ADN program.
- Complete an Application to the Associate of Science Degree Nursing Program. Applications can be obtained from the Counseling Office, Health Occupations Office, or from our web site.
- When all program prerequisites are completed, submit the Application to the Associate of Science Degree Nursing Program to the Health Occupations Office during the application period. Make sure all documents and official transcripts are included. Applications may be either personally delivered or mailed to the Health Occupations Office during the application period. We suggest using certified mail to ensure receipt and verification of your application.