Governing Documents: Board Policy 4231 and Administrative Procedure 4231
This webpage provides a summary of the process. Please view the governing documents above for details.
Any student who believes he or she has a grade grievance shall make a reasonable effort to resolve the matter on an informal basis. If the student’s concern cannot be resolved informally, this procedure outlines the course grade challenge process. The course grade challenge process is not a legal proceeding. When challenging a grade assigned by an instructor, the burden of proof is on the student to provide evidence of mistake, fraud, bad faith, or incompetence.
- Step 1: Discuss the Issue with the Instructor.
- Step 2: Student Files a Grade Challenge Form.
- Step 3: Instructor’s Rebuttal to Grade Challenge.
- Step 4: Meeting with Dean/Director, Student and Instructor.
- Step 5: Appeal to a Course Grade Challenge Committee.