Detail of CR's Accreditation Work
- August 2012 - CR Board of Trustees meeting with Special Trustee
- October 15, 2012, CR submitted the Show Cause, Closure Plan and SLO Status Reports
- In July 2011, CR submited an Accreditation Self-Study Report in Support of Reaffirmation of Accreditation.
- In October 2011, CR submitted a letter to the ACCJC to update the Commission on work completed after the report had been file.
- A 13-member Accreditation Visit Team came to the college during the week of October 17, 2011 to conduct a comprehensive visit in support of reaffirmation of Accreditation.
- In January 2012, the ACCJC took action to place College of the Redwoods on Show Cause and to require that the College submit a Show Cause Report by October 15, 2012. The report will be followed by a visit of Commission representatives.
- February 12, 2012 - The Accreditation Oversight Committee is established.
- April 6, 2012 - Jack Scott Visits CR
- April 6, 2012 - CR Board of Trustees adopts resolution to hire a special trustee.
'In order to improve institutional effectiveness through acitons and decisions affecting programs, services, and resource allcoation, the team recommends that the college use and follow its established policies and processes for planning and evaluation.' (Standard I.B. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6)
- In October 2010, CR submitted an Accreditation Follow-up report to address the 2009 Recommendation regarding Leadership and Governance.
- On November 22, 2010, Dr. John Nixon and Dr. Norval Wellsfry visited the college to verify the progress stated in the October 15 Follow-Up Report.
- In January, 2011, the ACCJC took action to adopt a new recommendation, as follows:
- In October 2009, CR submitted an Accreditation Follow-up report to address two recommendations: Program Review (2008); and Leadership and Governance (2009).
- On October 20 and 21, 2009, Dr. Marie Smith and Mr. James Barr visited the college to verify the progress stated in the October 15 Follow-Up Report.
- In December, 2009 CR submitted an Accreditation Follow-Up Report Addendum to provide information to the Commission about more recent activities.
- In January, 2010, the ACCJC acted to remove the college from warning, with the requirement that the college complete a Follow-Up report by October 15, 2010. That report will be followed by a visit of Commission representatives. The follow-up report should demonstrate the institution's resolution of one remaining recommendation.
- In October 2008, CR submitted a focused midterm report to address the one remaining recommendation for which substantial progress must be shown (Recommendation 5).
- On Dec. 5, 2008, Dr. Barbara Beno and Dr. Marie Smith visited the college to check progress on this remaining recommendation.
- In January, 2009, the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) met again and removed CR from sanction but requested an additional report with a scheduled follow-up visit to confirm ongoing progress.
- A follow-up report was submitted to the ACCJC on April 1, 2009.
- On April 9, 2009, CR's Academic Senate sent a rebuttal letter to the commission.
- On April 17, 2009 Dr. Marie Smith and Dr. James Barr visited CR to verify the progress stated in the April 1 follow-up report.
- In June, 2009 the Commission took action to place CR back on warning status and requested a follow-up report, due October 15, 2009, to address the institution's resolution of two recommendations.
- A written progress report was sent to the commission on Oct. 12, 2007 to meet an Oct. 15, 2007 deadline.
- On November 5, 2007, the ACCJC sent a Visitation Team to CR.. They interviewed many people from many different areas of the college and verified the documentation that went into our progress report. The Visitation Team submitted its report to the Commission on Dec. 5.
- CR subsequently submitted additional documentation to the ACCJC in an Addendum on Dec. 10.
- After the commission met in January 2008, CR was continued on Warning, noting that CR had made substantial progress, but had not yet made sufficient progress on all recommendations.
- CR submitted another progress report to the commission on April 1, 2008, followed by another visit on April 4, 2008.
- Prior to the comission's meeting in June, CR submitted another Addendum.
- In June 2008, the commission removed the Probationary Status and upgraded the college to Warning Status.
- CR was required to submit a second progress report by March 15, 2007 followed by a commission team site visit in April 2007.
- The commission met in June and made its decision to place CR on Probation Status.
- A nine-member accreditation team made a site visit to CR Oct. 18 through Oct. 20, 2005.
- After the team submitted its report to the commission, CR was notified in February 2006 that it had been placed on warning status.
- A progress report was submitted by CR on March 15, 2006.
- Following a team site visit, CR was continued on warning by a commission decision in June 2006.