What we can Do
- In general, any behavior that disrupts the mission or learning environment of the college or causes concern for a student's well-being could be reported to BIT. This includes:
- Suspected violations of college policies
- Failures in courses, excessive absence
- Concerns about a student's physical or mental health
- Typical outside classroom issues which should be reported include:
- Socially inappropriate behavior
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Significant health concerns that interfere with daily functioning
- Disclosure of significant family or relationship issues
- Sudden or alarming changes in behavior.
The BIT will meet with referring staff and/or faculty and create a plan of intervention what is most appropriate. BIT will continue to be in communication with staff and faculty throughout the process. The goal is to support the student, staff and faculty throughout the process until the issue at hand has been maximally addressed.