The Board is using its unique and powerful leadership role to work with all the constituent groups to develop a long term vision for the District.
The Board led process to develop an inspiring, strategic vision for the College of the Redwoods started today with a visioning session in Hoopa. Today's session went extremely well and Trustee Biggin did a wonderful job setting the stage for our discussions.
By the end of the strategic visioning process early Spring semester, the Trustees hope to have adopted a strategic vision that:
· Provides guidance for future strategic decisions
· Clearly describes what success looks like in ten years (2027)
· Anticipates and responds to the future needs of all stakeholders, especially students and the community
· Is inspiring and practical, taking into account anticipated context (e.g., budget, location, institutional and state requirements)
· Anticipates significant changes (e.g.,
(indemographics, technology, or the environment) and positions the District to respond to them
· The community has a better understanding of and stronger relationship with the District
· Existing community partners are excited about their connection with CR; and new partnerships have been formed.
We've scheduled several more visioning sessions in November. Invitations to the future sessions will be going out shortly.