Wildland Fire School
Dates: March 12-16, 2018
Days: Monday - Friday
Time: 8:30a.m. – 4:00p.m.
Class Limit: 40
Location: CR Del Norte Campus 883 W. Washington Blvd. Crescent City, CA 95531
Instructor: Jon Maxwell
This one week class is on basic firefighting techniques.
Students will learn:
- How to use basic firefighting tools
- Fire behavior and Weather
- What the LCES (Lookouts, Communications, Escape Routes, and Safety Zones) system is and how it relates to the Standard Firefighting Orders and Watch Out Situations.
- Construct a fire line to required standards using various methods.
- Strengthen, reinforce, and use holding actions on a fire line.
- Extinguish the fire with or without the use of water.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Factors in a particular wildfire environment which could impact safety.
Students will receive the following certificates: L180, S190, S130 and all training needed for applying to the federal government as a firefighter. Additional homework assignments will include IS-700 and ICS-100.
Students 15 years old and older are encouraged to attend. However, anyone under 18 participating in the course must complete the Activity Waiver Form and a parent or guardian must sign.