Wildland Fire School
Flyer: Click here.
Dates: March 12-16, 2018
Days: Monday - Friday
Time: 8:30a.m. – 4:00p.m.
Class Limit: 40
Location: CR Del Norte Campus 883 W. Washington Blvd. Crescent City, CA 95531
Meet in room DA1 the first day of class
Instructor: Jon Maxwell
This one week class is on basic firefighting techniques.
Students will learn:
- How to use basic firefighting tools
- Fire behavior and Weather
- What the LCES (Lookouts, Communications, Escape Routes, and Safety Zones) system is and how it relates to the Standard Firefighting Orders and Watch Out Situations.
- Construct a fire line to required standards using various methods.
- Strengthen, reinforce, and use holding actions on a fire line.
- Extinguish the fire with or without the use of water.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Factors in a particular wildfire environment which could impact safety.
Students will receive the following certificates:
L180 - Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service
S190- Introduction to Wild Fire Behavior
S130 - Firefighter Training
and all training needed for applying to the federal government as a firefighter. Additional homework assignments will include IS-700 ( Introduction to National Incident Management System) and ICS-100 (Introduction to Incident Command System).
Students 15 years old and older are encouraged to attend. However, anyone under 18 participating in the course must complete the Activity Waiver Form and a parent or guardian must sign.