Counseling and Advising

Related Links
Contact Us
  • Eureka Campus
    Student Services Building
  • Mon.-Thurs.: 9:00am-5:00pm
  • Friday: 9:00am-4:00pm
  • Saturday & Sunday Closed
    FAX 707-476-4416
    TTY 707-476-4441
  • Del Norte
  • Monday-Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
  • Saturday & Sunday Closed
  • Klamath-Trinity
  • Monday-Friday:  8:00am-5:00 pm
  • Saturday & Sunday Closed

Probation and Dismissal

A student will be placed on Academic or Progress Probation in the event that he/she demonstrates substandard academic performance. If a student is unable to recover their Academic Standing, they will be dismissed from College of the Redwoods for one term.

What is Academic Probation?
If you have earned at least twelve (12) units, and your cumulative grade point average falls below 2.0, you will be placed on Academic Probation. Earned units are those units for which entries do not include "W," "I" and/or "NC.”

What is Progress Probation?

A student who has attempted a total of at least twelve (12) units shall be placed on progress probation when the percentage of units in which the student has attempted, for which entries of "W," "I" and/or "NC" are recorded reaches or exceeds 50%. Attempted units are those for which a student was enrolled.

  • Loss of “Good Academic Standing” status
  • Loss of Priority Registration
  • Possible Academic Dismissal, if unable to improve academic standing
  • Possible Financial Aid implications (Please contact the site you plan to attend for further information.)

How to Return to Good Standing:
To be removed from Academic Probation, you must bring your cumulative grade point average to a 2.0 or above.

To be removed from Progress Probation, you must complete more than 50% of the units you have attempted.