A student who is on academic probation shall be subject to dismissal if the student earned a cumulative grade point average of less than 2.0 in all units earned in three (3) consecutive semesters.
***A student who should be dismissed after their second term, but he/she earned a semester GPA of a 2.0 or better during the determining semester, will be allowed to continue on academic probation the following term.
A student who has been placed on progress probation shall be subject to dismissal if the percentage of units in which the student has attempted for which entries of "W", "I" and "NC" are recorded in at least three (3) consecutive semesters reaches or exceeds 50%.
*** A student who should be dismissed after their second term, but he/she successfully completed more than 50% of the attempted units during the determining semester will be allowed to continue on progress probation the following term.
Once you are on Academic Dismissal, you will need to complete the Readmission Process after a one semester absence to return to CR.
- Begin the Next Steps for Readmission by completing the Readmission After Dismissal form and scheduling an appointment with Counseling and Advising. For more information, please see Probation and Dismissal Forms & Resources.
- Contact Financial Aid to discuss how your status may impact your eligibility for future aid.
- After receiving a recommendation for readmissionfrom a Counselor, the Academic Appeals Committee will consider whether or not students may be readmitted. The following criteria will be considered:
- Documented extenuating circumstances
- Other college credit or non-credit coursework showing marked improvement after the semesters on which disqualification was based
- Improved GPA as a result of grade changes, fulfillment of incomplete courses, or academic renewal.
- The student participates in a corrective program designed to assist him/her in improving academic skills.
For more information, please see Probation and Dismissal Forms & Resources