For More information:
  • Eureka Campus
    CalWORKs Office
    7351 Tompkins Hill Rd
    Eureka, CA 95501-9300
  • Del Norte Campus
    883 W Washington Blvd.
    Crescent City, CA 95531


Red CalWORKS_logo

What is College of the Redwoods CalWORKs?

California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) is a state-funded Welfare-to-Work program designed to assist student parents, of children under the age of 18, who are receiving cash assistance (TANF), become self-sufficient. Students receive specialized academic advising, assistance with transportation, support with school supplies, and referrals to supportive services, all while attending college. Some students may be eligible for the CalWORKs Work Study program. The CalWORKs Work Study program will provide paid on-the-job training opportunities for students that is geared to their vocational goal. The CalWORKs program is designed to prepare individuals for work in order to gain financial independence and self-sufficiency.

  • Student parents with a child/children under the age of 18, who currently receive cash assistance (TANF) through the Department of Health and Human Services.
  • Student parents who are Self-Initiated CalWORKs Program participants.
  • Student parents who are Exempt CalWORKs students.
  • All student parents must be in good Standing with the county.

For information contact CalWORKs at: (707) 476-4581

CR CalWORKs can help students improve job skills in order to raise family income and support independence. CR provides individualized support services for CalWORKs students. These services include assistance with:

  • Assistance with minor school supplies
  • Developing individual education and employment plans in coordination with Social Services
  • Job placement, development, resume assistance
  • Personal, career, and educational counseling and advisement
  • Review of skills and interests
  • Referral to campus and community resources
CR CalWORKs can assist students with achieving a successful college experience and job placement. The CR CalWORKs team works with the Department of Social Services staff to help students with their individual education and employment plans.
  • Complete and submit a CR application
  • Complete and submit financial aid, BOG fee waiver, and scholarship applications
  • Make an appointment to meet with the CR CalWORKs Counselor or Advisor

If you have any questions or want to make an appointment, please contact the CR CalWORKs department at 707-476-4581.