CR’s College Access Program – “Your first year is on us!”


CR is excited to offer students the new College Access Program!

If you’re a first-time student, a California resident and enroll in 12 or more units, you’re first year at CR will be free! Students who took CR courses while still in high school qualify. Free tuition is available through Spring 2020.

It’s easy to apply!

You can also pick up an application from the Student Services Building on the Eureka campus. For those attending in Crescent City or Klamath-Trinity, please reach out to the Students Services area for an application.  It is important that your eligibility be determined as soon as possible. 

If you don’t qualify

If you have not completed a FAFSA/Dream Act Application, you may still qualify for a few waiver. Download a California College Promise Grant (CCPG) application, complete and return to the Financial Aid Office.

If you have questions or concerns regarding your residency status, please contact the Admissions and Records Office at (707) 476-4200 or

To qualify for the College Access Program, students must:

  • Be enrolled in 12 or more units
  • Be a California resident
  • Be a first-time college student – students who took college courses in high school still qualify

College Access Program or California College Promise Grant?

If financial aid information is received that makes you eligible for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG), you will receive this waiver instead of the College Access Program (CAP) as there are additional benefits with this award that are not part of the CAP. Your application will guide you to the better option.

The College Access Program is in effect through Spring of 2020.  Eligible students do not receive a check or refund from this program, but enrollment fees are waived. 

The CR College Access Program does not pay student health fees, student technology fees, student activity fees, course material fees, audit fees, or books, but there are other services that may help with those fees. Please make an appointment with our Counseling Department to explore this support.

Make sure you check your account statement and pay all applicable fees to ensure your registration and prevent future holds on your account.

Questions? Contact Us

Contact Information

Admissions and Records


 Student Services Building, 1st Floor