What is TRiO?
TRiO is a Student Support Service program designed to empower students to achieve their personal, career, and educational goals and thrive in the college environment.
To be eligible for TRiO, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a 1st Generation Scholar: neither parent has earned a Bachelor’s degree
- Have financial limitations: meet low-income qualifications
- Have a documented disability: verified through DSPS
- Tutoring in Math, Sciences, English, and more
- Peer Mentoring
- Online Tutoring
- Extended Availability for Counseling & Advising Support
- Day Trips to Tour 4-Year Universities
- Overnight Trips to Tour 4-Year Universities
- Priority Registration
- Meet Ups & Events
- Free Printing
- Career Counseling
- Career Assessments
- Canvas Updates
- Canvas Workshops & Discussions
- Social Media
- Texts & Notifications about College Events/Deadlines
TRiO Campus Culture:
Each year, the TRiO program at the Del Norte campus of College of the Redwoods is committed to increasing the retention, graduation and transfer rates of 200 participants.
The TRiO program will enrich the lives of participants who access support, use resources, and engage with their learning community. TRiO continually assesses support services and academic performance to embrace diversity, encourage a healthy environment, and enhance the programs and services we offer to promote student success.
The TRiO (SSS) Program is a grant funded, U.S. Department of Education TRIO program.